Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Big A's Kindergarten Graduation

Last month (I am so far behind) Big A graduated from Kindergarten. It was a very special day for her. She was not only completing Kindergarten but she had her first solo. She and another student were chosen to sing a solo part in the song I Believe I Can Fly. When Big A first told me that she had a solo I picked up the phone and called B. I knew his thoughts would be the same as mine.... WHAT?? She will never do that!!! You see Big A is very timid when it comes to large crowds or even a crowd that has just 3 people:)) Anyway, I told B that we had to be very encouraging and hope for the best. In the end I have to say we were very impressed and proud parents. She had practiced each day and when it came down to it she was ready and not a bit nervous. She had the second solo part in the song and she literally had to sing in front of at least 450 people (probably more...Rob correct me if I am wrong). All in all she did an outstanding job. Way to go Big A. We are very proud of you and cannot believe you are ready for first grade. We love you very much!!
Big A singing her solo part
Big A exiting the gym after graduation

Proud parents of this wonderful girl!!!


Big A and her friend Lane

Big A with the other soloist

1 comment: